Linguage Japanese Language School FAQ

Linguage Japanese Language School FAQ.



Commonly-asked questions, answers about visa applications, classes and daily life in Japan.


  • Visa Application
  • About School
  • Daily Life in Japan
What do I need in order to enroll at your school?

You need to obtain a study abroad visa. See the "Application Procedure" page on how to obtain a visa. See the "Forms" page to check necessary forms for your visa application.

Go to "Application Procedure" page Go to "Forms" page
When is the deadline for applying for a study abroad visa?

It takes about 6 months to apply for and obtain a visa. We set application deadlines accordingly for each enrollment period. See details on the "Visa Application deadline" page.

Go to "Visa application deadline" page
How to apply for a visa?

Prepare all visa application documents, and submit these by the deadline that we set. After we receive all documents, we screen them and submit them to the immigration bureau in Japan. See details on the "Forms" page.

Go to "Forms" page
How long does it take until I know whether I can get a study abroad visa?

It takes about 2 and half months to issue a ‘Certificate of Eligibility for Resident Status’ after submission of the application forms to immigration bureau. Once you have this document, you need to apply for the visa at a Japanese embassy in your country. If there is no problem, your visa will usually be issued in about 1-2 weeks.

When will I know the result of my application for a Certificate of Eligibility for Resident Status?

April enrollment period: late February. October enrollment period: late August. The Immigration bureau will inform you of the result.

Can I enter the school even if I don't understand Japanese at all?

Please come after studying basic Japanese for about 150 hours.

Please tell me about the school's enrollment period and length of study.

Enrollment periods are April and October. We offer a 1year course and a 1.5year course. You can extend your study at our school up to a maximum of 2years.

Which class level will I be enrolled in?

We decide your class level based on your interview before enrollment and on the online test results, etc.

In which language are classes taught?

Classes are basically held in Japanese.

When are classes held?

Monday to Friday:Morning class: 9:00am - 12:20pm. Afternoon class:1:00pm - 4:20pm.

Are there free computers (PC/Mac) or laptops available?

Yes, each student can rent an iPad at the school. Free Wi-fi is available. Students who borrow an iPad need to return it at the end of each class.

Is there a special curriculum for job hunting?

We support your job search in many ways, such as career counseling, self-analysis check, resume evaluation, interview practice and more. We also offer a job hunting curriculum for Japanese comprehensive course students. See details on the "Course" page.

Go to "Course" page
Can I get a part time job?

If you have a study abroad visa, after getting ‘Permission to Engage in Activity Other Than That Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted’, you can work up to 28 hours a week. However, there are limitations on the permitted types of job, so please confirm these regulations with the school.

How much are monthly living expenses?

Average living expenses are 100,000yen to 150,000yen per month.
Rent(including utility cost): 40,000-70,000yen. Food: 20,000-30,000yen. Cell phone: 5000yen. Transportation: 10,000yen. Other: 20,000-30,000yen.

Can I purchase a student commuter pass?

Student passes are available for certain lines: Toei subway (Toei-Mita line, Toei-Shinjuku line, Toei-Asakusa line, and Toei-Oedo line), Toei buses, and Toden.

How much cash should I bring to Japan?

You can withdraw cash in Japan from ATMs that have "PLUS", "CITRUS" or "VISA" marks, using your credit card. When you first come to Japan, about 100,000yen in cash is plenty for transportation from the airport, expenses for a week and food.

What can I do after school or on weekends?

Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando, Akihabara... There are many sightseeing spots in and around Tokyo. You can have fun and experience Japanese culture by going to different places every weekend.